Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-held flavors and fragrance company with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Our reputation for excellence as a creator and manufacturer of specialty chemicals, flavors and perfumery products is recognized worldwide. From our award-winning fragrances to our irresistible ingredients, our team has been combining experience and innovation to perfume and flavor our clients’ products for our mutual success.
Job Title – QC Analytical Chemist
Location – Greater New York City Area
– M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, or related scientific field or equivalent experience in the Flavor and/or Fragrance industry.
– At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with direct quality experience.
– Proven track record of providing practical analytical solutions to manufacturing related issues
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Superior interpersonal skills in order to be the primary liaison with client’s Creative staff, and R&D on production related issues.
– Strong understanding of Flavor and Perfumery based chemistry with the ability to apply knowledge to interpret and solve complex issues
– A strong background with GC, GCMS is required, with Flavors and/or Fragrance experience.
– Technically proficient in the following standard chemical procedures and physical measurements (wet chemistry): GC, GCMS, FTIR, HPLC,NMR, pH, acid value, peroxide value, oil content, water content, specific gravity, refractive index, Tg, optical rotation, salt content, solid content, color, ester value and other standard tests.
Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel and standard MS office software.
LIMS and/or SAP experience preferred.