Johnson Matthey is a FTSE 100 speciality chemicals company. Founded almost 200 years ago we are a leader in sustainable technologies. Over 90% of our sales come from products that have sustainability benefits and improve the quality of life for people all over the world.
Job Title -Senior QC Chemist
Location – Fort Devens, MA, US
Company Order Number: 2497
No.of.Posts – ONE
Position Purpose – Perform chemical testing of raw materials, intermediates, and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in support of process research, discovery research, GMP production, and stability testing. Prepares method development and generalized process development. Responsible for utilizing common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, LC-MS, KF, FTIR, NMR, and wet chemical methods such as titrations. Execute more complicated analysis, method development, and project management with minimal supervision.
- Independently conducts analyses, interprets results, and develops solutions.
- Develops efficient and timely project objectives. Detect and evaluate problems with analytical processes and contribute in developing methods and techniques for solutions to those problems.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and make adjustments to laboratory equipment.
- Detect problems in using standardized procedures.
- Performs routine to complex laboratory analyses and experiments with no supervision.
- Transfer, modify, and improve analytical methods.
- Prepare scientific reports and documents.
- Reviews other team member’s analytical data for simple tests.
- Interact with internal and external clients.
- Serves as a technical lead on projects and provides direction to various levels of chemist.
- Compose Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and GMP documents.
- Provide technical advice to team members, and other Johnson Matthey Pharma Services (JMPS) departments.
- Develop technical proficiency, think independently, exercise sound judgments that correspond with experience, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Performs testing for the qualification of reference standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- BS in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 5-7 years related experience in a pharmaceutical industry
- MS in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 3-5 years related experience in a pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English-language chemical periodicals, scientific journals, and regulatory documents
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and statistical software
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, LC-MS
- Experience communicating effectively to management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Skills/Experience Valued But Not Required:
- Knowledge of MS Project. Experience in establishing integrated plans with resource and task constraints