The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IIT Ropar) or IIT-RPR, is an engineering and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India. It is one of the eight newer Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development MHRD, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Act was passed in the Lok Sabha on 24 March 2011 and by the Rajya Sabha on 30 April 2012.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – “Chemical kinetics of molecular collision processes in martian atmosphere”
Principal Investigator – Dr. T. J. Dhilip Kumar
Duration – 3 years or till the completion of the project whichever is earlier
Emoluments – Rs.25000/- per month + 10 % HRA.
Fundamental study of collision processes by quantitative modeling to evaluate rates of atomic and molecular reactions of importance in atmospheric and astrophysical models. Exciting opportunity to be involved in computing high level multi-state ab initio potential energy surfaces and performing quantum dynamics to evaluate various dynamical attributes.
- Essential – (i) MSc in Chemistry/Physics or relevant research areas (Minimum 60 % or CGPA 6.5; 55% for SC/ST) (ii) GATE or CSIR-UGC NET Qualified.
- Desirable – Knowledge of Unix, Fortran/C programming, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
To apply, send the following by E-mail only (Subject: Application for JRF-2016) to the undersigned:
- Completely filled application form (given on the following sheet)
- Statement of purpose (Maximum 1 page)
Date of interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via e-mail.
Please note that no TA/DA will be given to the candidates attending the interview.
For any related query, please contact
- Dr. T. J. Dhilip Kumar
- Principal Investigator
- Department of Chemistry
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar,
- Nangal Road, Rupnagar-140001 Punjab
- E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline – 07th November 2016