NIT Tiruchirappalli hiring Faculties for Teaching Assistantship in Chemistry
The National Institute of Technology (formerly known as Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of river Cauvery, was started as a joint and co-operative venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 with a view to catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the country. The college has been conferred with autonomy in financial and administrative matters to achieve rapid development.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for Temporary Teaching Assistantship in Chemistry.
Job Description: Temporary Teaching Assistants are expected to assist the institute in Teaching UG/PG Courses, curriculum development, delivery and evaluation. They have to be academically strong in their respective areas and communicate effectively to the students.
- First class both at UG and PG level (60% or 6.5/10 CGPA) from the recognized University/ Institute in the respective discipline with Ph. D or submitted thesis/synopsis in the same discipline.
- Candidates with experience in assisting teaching / Lab. in NITs or equivalent Institutions will be considered as desirable qualification
Area of Specialization: Organic, Inorganic, Physical or Analytical Chemistry
No. of Posts: Three
Remuneration: Selected candidates will be paid at the rate of Rs. 1000/- per period of Lecture and Rs. 500/- per session of Lab subject to a maximum of Rs. 28000/- per month. No other allowances are admissible. Candidates who are receiving any other fellowship/stipend /remuneration etc.will not be considered for Temporary Teaching Assistantship
- Candidates are requested to be present in the Senate Room half an hour before the reporting time; candidates will not be permitted for Walk-in Interview if they report after the reporting time.
- Candidates are required to submit filled up Application as in Annexure-1 and Data Sheet as in Annexure-2 along with self-attested Xerox copies of all certificates/documents and letters of References (see page-7) at the time attending the Walk-in-Interview.
- Government of India reservation policy is applicable. Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process in partial or full without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- This appointment is purely temporary for one semester.
- This appointment does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- The decision of the Interview Committee in selecting the candidates is final and binding.
- Selection List will be displayed in the Notice Board of Administrative office of NITT on the same day of Walk-in Interview.
- Candidates should bring their original certificates for verification at the time of Walk-in Interview. 18. Selected candidates will be required to join immediately. 19. Canvassing in any form will render a candidate ineligible.
How to Apply:
Candidates with the above qualifications are required to report at Senate Room, Administrative Building, NIT, Tiruchirapalli-15 and for Walk-in-Interview on 1-9-2016.
- Date: 1-9-2016
- Time: 10.00 AM
- Venue: Senate Room, Administrative Building, NIT, Tiruchirapalli-15