IIT Indore hiring Associate Professors in Chemistry with a Pay Scale of Rs. 1,32,005/- p.m.
Advertisement for Recruitment of Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on-contract). This is a rolling advertisement.
IIT Indore invites applications from outstanding, highly-motivated Indian nationals (and those of Indian origin / holding PIO cards) for faculty positions at the level of Associate Professor in Chemistry.
Qualifications and Experience:
Associate Professor: Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least six years of post-Ph.D. experience in teaching / industry / research, of which at least three years of experience should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer, or equivalent.
Associate Professor: To be appointed in Pay Band-4 (Rs 37,400 – 67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs 9,500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band-4 will be fixed at Rs 42,800/- p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,32,005/- p.m.
Preferred areas of specializations:
Area of Specialization: Inorganic and bio-inorganic chemistry, Computational chemistry, Physical chemistry, Organic and bio-organic chemistry.
NOTE: (Outstanding candidates in other areas of specialization will also be considered)
- Age limit: preferably below 35 years for Assistant Professor and preferably below 45 years for Associate Professor. Age relaxation to reserved category candidates will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
- The requirements of minimum educational qualification/experience/age limit may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials evidenced by excellent publication record, research experience, etc.
- Mere fulfilling eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for Interview.
- The institute reserves the right to offer an appointment on contract, or if being considered for Associate Professor, an appointment of Assistant Professor level.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
- This is a rolling advertisement, therefore, applications can be sent at any time. However, the first round of scrutiny of the applications received will take place during the fall of 2016.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply on the prescribed application form which may be downloaded from the Institute website www.iiti.ac.in/Careers/careers.php along with latest CV, a concise summary of research accomplishments, list of publications and future research and teaching plan at IIT Indore.
- Completed applications for the post of Associate Professor should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org