Recruitment for the posts of Project Assistant @ IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Post Title: Project Assistant
Name of Project: Synthesis, Structural Evolution and Physical Properties Tuning of Cluster-Assembled Materials
Funding Agency: SERB, GOI
Minimum Educational Qualification ( as prescribed by the funding agency): MSc in Chemistry with 60% Marks
Preference: Research experience on the area of metal nanoparticle morphology, synthesis, characterisation and its application in the field of catalysis
Number of posts: 1
Fellowship Amount: Rs. 15000
Tenure of the post: 6 months
Age: 28 years (with 3-5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically disabled as per government norms)
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty at the earliest on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
How to Apply:
Please send the following via e-mail as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Intern Application 2016”
- Completed applications in the format provided with this advertisement.
- Brief write up of their research experience (not more than 1 page).
The Institute invites applications for the following project positions on contract basis: ALL applicants who have submitted their applications by the deadline ONLY are invited for a walk-in interview on 27th August 2016 at 10:30 am at IISER-TVM.
A printed copy of this application form, signed by the applicant, recent passport size photograph, photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview. Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
- Date: 27th August 2016
- Time: 10:30 am
- Venue: IISER-TVM.
Last date: 25th August 2016