Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to full-time/ part-time Ph.D. programme in the following Departments:
Departments: Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management , Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Programme of the Institute:
(a) Candidates possessing M.Tech. /M.E./ M.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Arch/ M.Pharm / M.Sc./ MCA/ MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
(b) Candidates possessing B.Tech./ B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
(c) Candidates possessing B.Tech./ B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organisations and having ten years’ experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization
Relaxation for SC/ ST candidates:
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
Note: In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence committee of the institute shall be final.
How to Apply:
1. To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
2. To apply for the Ph.D. programme (MO) 2016, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute web site bitmesra.ac.in ]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,500/- (General candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. Send a printout of the completed form along with required enclosures (see List of Enclosures) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (mean s by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
4. Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission (MO) 2016 on top of the envelope”.
5. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected/ may not be processed.
6. Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
Note: Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
• You may use one application form to apply for Ph.D. in ONLY one Department.
• Please use separate application forms to apply for two or more Departments. Each application form must be complete in all respects and sent in a separate envelope along with all required enclosures as above.
• Candidates may apply for the Ph.D. programme in a maximum of three Departments.
Date, Time and Venue for Ph.D. Entrance Test:
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will be held on 23 May 2016 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
Date of Interviews:
1) 23 May 2016 from 2:00 pm onwards, for candidates applied for only one Department at the concerned Department.
2) 23 May 2016 from 3:00 pm onwards, for candidates applied for two Departments at the concerned Department.
3) 23 May 2016 from 5:00 pm onwards, for candidates applied for three Departments at the concerned Department.
Note: Interviews will be held at concerned Department(s).
Provisional selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified by 5:00 pm on or before 26 May 2016, on the Institute website and Notice Boards of the Institute only. No separate intimations will be sent to candidates. Provisionally selected candidates will be required to take admission by the date given, failing which vacant seats may be allotted to waitlisted candidates. The list of waitlisted can didates will also be announced on our website and Institute Notice Boards only. No separate intimations will be sent to candidates. Candidates provisionally admitted to the Ph.D. programme will be required to fill an “Enrollment Form” with details of their proposed field of research, research topic, and name of their guide, within 5 to 10 days after their admission, and submit the same to the Dean (Academic Programme), through the Head of the concerned Department. [The Enrollment Form will be available on the Institute website and at office of the Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination].
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview.
1. A limited number of Institute fellowships are available in some Departments for full-time scholars.
2. Candidates who have qualified in CSIR – NET / BRNS / NBHM / other selections would avail the fellowships directly from the respective organizations.
For any queries, candidates may see Ph.D. Regulations available on the Institute website (downloadable as pdf document). For any further queries, candidates may contact the Dean, Academic Programme through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Candidates must visit our website bitmesra.ac.in regularly for updates and/or for any other matters related to the admission procedures.
1) Last date for submission of online application form : 25th April 2016
2) Last date for receipt of completed application form : 2nd May 2016
3) Display of list of eligible candidates for Written Test & Interviews on the Institute website : 13th May 2016
4) Date for Written Test and Interviews : 23rd May 2016